Index-Linked GICs - Principal protection. Market participation.
An Index-Linked GIC allows you to participate in the stock market while protecting your principal investment. This provides the best of both worlds for you as an investor, combining the safety of a GIC with the potential for higher returns based on market performance over the length of your term.
Key features of our Index-Linked GIC
- Peace of mind – your principal is always protected
- Unlimited earning potential with no cap or limits on returns. Returns are based on the performance of the S&P/TSX 60 Index
- 125% participation rate* (the percentage of total returns that an investor will receive upon term maturity)
- As always, your savings are 100% guaranteed by the Deposit Guarantee Corporation of Manitoba
- Offered as a 5-year term
- Interest paid at maturity of term
- $500 minimum investment
- Our Index-Linked GIC is offered through Central 1: Track its performance
- Protect your interest earnings: Consider holding an Index-Linked GIC within your TFSA or RRSP
Earning potential is tied to performance of the S&P/TSX 60 Index
- If the S&P/TSX 60 increases in value over the 60-month term, the return on your Index-Linked GIC will reflect the gains
- If the S&P/TSX 60 posts a loss over the 60-month term, you will simply get your capital investment (initial deposit) back with no gains
Index-linked GICs can be a great addition to your portfolio. To learn more and see if an Index-Linked GIC is right for you, speak with a Member Financial Relationship Advisor (MFRA) today. Book an appointment by calling 1.800.728.6440
* Participation rate is set by Central 1, and is subject to change.
Standard & Poor's®” an "S&P®" are trademarks of The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. and have been licensed for use by Central 1 Credit Union and sublicensed by SCU. "TSX" is a trademark of the Toronto Stock Exchange and has been licensed for use by Central 1 Credit Union and sublicensed by SCU. The Index-Linked GICs are not sponsored, endorsed, sold or promoted by Standard & Poor's or the Toronto Stock Exchange and neither party makes any representation regarding the advisability of investing in these deposits.