Borrow today. Invest for tomorrow.
Each year, whether you use it or not, you build contribution room in your RRSPs, TFSAs, and your children’s RESPs. It’s best to use that room every year, so you can maximize your savings and work toward a financially sound retirement. However, between day-to-day living, mortgage payments, car loans, and saving for your child’s education, sometimes life can get in the way of saving for your future.
We offer two great products that can help get you started or take the next step, our Registered Investment Go! Loan and our Registered Link Line.
Features and benefits of the Registered Investment Go! Loan or Link Line
- Perfect for investing opportunities less than $15,000
- Available as a term loan for up to 8 years, or as a line of credit with revolving access to funds
- Simplified approval process (often during your appointment), with funds disbursed on the same or next business day upon approval
- Easy and flexible repayment options, choose from monthly, bi-weekly, or weekly
- Repay at any time with no penalty
Features and benefits of the Registered Investment Loan or Link Line
- Perfect for investing opportunities greater than $15,000
- Revolving access to credit, so you can catch-up or top up your investments over time using your available credit
- Pay interest only on what you use
- Easy repayment with regular deposits
- Quick approval process (often during your appointment) with funds disbursed on the same or next business day upon approval
Features that come standard with every SCU loan and line of credit
- Always great rates
- Fast, local decision making
- A financial partner in your corner
Smart debt: Why borrowing to save can make sense:
- Take advantage of great savings rates with a lump sum investment today
- Begins earning interest right away, on your full investment amount
- Possible tax benefits by using more of your contribution room. (However, it’s always best to speak with a tax consultant to see if this will work for your unique situation.)
To find out and learn more, book an appointment by calling us at 1.800.728.6440