Transferring money has never been easier. Get it done quickly and securely with INTERAC e-Transfer†. To send money in just a few quick and easy steps, all you need is the recipient’s email address or mobile phone number.
Sending cash to someone for a birthday? Paying a roommate for your portion of rent or bills? Squaring up with family or friends? Paying for everyday purchases such as housekeeping, babysitting or home repairs? INTERAC e-Transfer makes it easy!
Convenient and Simple
You can send or receive a transfer from anywhere at any time using your computer or smartphone. It’s available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. All you need is the recipient’s email address or mobile phone number and you can also transfer money to your other Canadian financial institution accounts
With INTERAC e-Transfer there’s no need to wait for the transfer to be approved. The recipient can access funds immediately. Imagine… no more waiting to cash a cheque and all at a lower cost than a bank draft or money order.
Your personal information is secure. An email or text is used for communication purposes only, but your funds are contained in our secure banking network. No account numbers or other financial institution information is required and a security question of your choosing protects your funds from being received by the wrong person.
How It Works
How to send and receive an INTERAC e-Transfer? Follow the simple steps below to send money easily, safely and securely:
- Log into SCU Direct® Internet Banking and navigate to the Transfers screen
- Set up your sender profile and add your recipient – make sure to create a Security Question that only your recipient knows the answer to
- Choose how to notify your recipient, the amount you wish to send and which account the funds will be transferred from. You can also choose to send a special message
- Send! The funds are debited from your account immediately
- Your recipient will receive notification that you have sent them an INTERAC e-Transfer, and will follow the links provided in the email or text message to deposit their funds*
- Once they have answered the security question correctly, they can deposit the funds immediately – no holds, no hassle.
If your recipient’s financial institution does not subscribe to INTERAC e-Transfer service, it’s no problem. They can still receive their funds by following the link to the Interac site, at which time they will be asked to create or log into their existing Interac account.
Once logged in, Interac will proceed to deposit the transfer into their chequing or savings account (which usually takes 3-5 business days). For non-participating financial institution deposits, a $4 service fee will be deducted from the transfer amount.
There are limits to the amount you can send via INTERAC e-Transfer.
- Per Transaction: $3,000
- Per Week: $10,000
- Per Month: $20,000
A non-refundable fee of $0.55 will be charged for sending an INTERAC e-Transfer
*It can take up to 30 minutes for an INTERAC® e-Transfer notification to be
received by its recipient once "Send Money" has been initiated by the sender.
† Trade-mark of Interac Inc. Used under license.