Available. Accepted. Always with you.
Add your SCU MEMBER CARD® debit card to Samsung Pay, and easily pay for purchases with your Samsung phone!
- Easy to use: Paying couldn’t be easier. Simply hold your phone to the payment terminal.
- Safe and Secure: Samsung Pay has many built-in features that help ensure your accounts are safe and secure. Confirm your identity before you pay. Your card details are not transmitted to merchants.
Get started with Samsung Pay
What you’ll need:
- An eligible Samsung device:
- Galaxy S9 & S9+,
- Galaxy S8 & S8+,
- Galaxy S7 & S7 edge,
- Galaxy S6, S6 edge & S6 edge+,
- Galaxy Note 9 / Note 8 / Note 5,
- Galaxy A8 / A5
SCU MEMBER CARD debit card
Add a card to Samsung Pay
Samsung Pay comes pre-installed on most recent Samsung phones. If you don't have the app, you can download it from Galaxy Apps or the Google Play store. You’ll need to be signed in to your Samsung account to use Samsung Pay.
- Open Samsung Pay and register your Samsung Pay PIN.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to add your MEMBER CARD debit card.
- Select your preferred method to verify the card. If you’ve provided your email or cell phone number to SCU, you can choose to receive a text message or email. Otherwise, you’ll need to call our Member Contact Centre at 1.800.728.6440.
- Select your desired security or authentication options. You can choose to enter a PIN, or fingerprint or iris scan each time you make a purchase.
- You’re all set to start using Samsung Pay!
Using Samsung Pay
- From the lock screen, swipe up from the home button or open the Samsung Pay app.
- Select your debit card and authorize the payment using either your PIN, fingerprint, or iris scan.
- Hold your phone over the payment terminal to complete your transaction.
Frequently Asked Questions about Samsung Pay
Still have questions? In this section, you will find answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about Samsung Pay. Scroll down to read more.
Getting Samsung Pay
Am I eligible for Samsung Pay?
If you have an SCU MEMBER CARD® debit card and an eligible Samsung device, then you can get Samsung Pay! Samsung Pay is available to consumers only at this time (i.e. not our business members). Please note the SCU Direct Access Only cards (virtual cards) cannot be registered for Samsung Pay.
Which Samsung devices support Interac® Debit on Samsung Pay?
Samsung Pay is currently only available on eligible Samsung devices. Samsung Pay is available on these latest Samsung devices:
- Galaxy S9 & S9+
- Galaxy S8 & S8+
- Galaxy S7 & S7 edge
- Galaxy S6, S6 edge & S6 edge+
- Galaxy Note 9 / Note 8 / Note 5
- Galaxy A8 / A5
Can I use my Samsung Watch with Samsung Pay?
This feature is not available at this time.
Can I use my SCU credit card with Samsung Pay?
Samsung Pay is launching first with our MEMBER CARD debit card, allowing you to make everyday purchases directly from your SCU account. We know that some SCU members prefer to pay with their SCU credit card, and are working towards supporting this option soon!
Setting up Samsung Pay
Which account should I use for Samsung
If you are activating a debit card that you use today to make purchases using Interac Debit, Samsung Pay will use the primary chequing account associated with your MEMBER CARD debit card. If there is no chequing account attached, it will access the primary savings account.
What else do I need to do to set myself up?
You are required to securely identify yourself to add your debit card to Samsung Pay. After adding your Member Card to Samsung Pay, you will be presented options to verify your identity by calling the Member Contact Centre or by entering a one-time passcode delivered to you via email or SMS message if you have an eligible email or cell phone number on file with SCU. These verification steps are designed to protect you against fraud. Once verification has been completed, you may use your Member Card to make purchases with Samsung Pay.
Can I add a second account or card to Samsung Pay?
Yes. You can add up to 10 payment cards to Samsung Pay on any individual device.
How many devices can I add my card to?
There is no maximum number of devices to which you can add your debit card for Samsung Pay. However, you are responsible for verifying the validity of the debit card on each device, and for any charges made with the card to your account.
Paying with Samsung Pay
Am I subject to a daily spending limit?
Yes. SCU will continue to monitor your total spending across the payment services that access your account, including your debit card at retail locations, banking machines, and now Samsung Pay. Samsung Pay purchases are included in your existing total limit, which helps protect you from unauthorized use or access to your account.
Is there a cost to using Samsung Pay?
No. Samsung Pay is included as part of your SCU account. Each Samsung Pay payment will count as an additional debit transaction, if you pay transaction fees for your account. Please contact SCU at 1.800.728.6440 to discuss which account package is right for you.
How do I know when a purchase is complete?
Samsung Pay transactions will show a check mark with a Payment Completed message when the transaction is processed.
Where can I pay with Samsung Pay?
Samsung Pay using your debit card works wherever Interac Flash is accepted. Just look for the Interac Flash logo or contactless symbol at the checkout. Some stores will also display the Samsung Pay logo.
How do I view recent Samsung Pay transactions?
To view your most recent Samsung Pay transactions, open Samsung Pay and select your debit card. The transaction panel will display your most recent transactions first. To view more transactions, swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
Will the case on my phone interfere with making purchases?
Samsung Pay transactions use NFC contactless payment method to communicate with the POS terminal to complete the purchase. A very thick case or cover can block the signal between the phone and the payment terminal. If you are having trouble making payment with Samsung Pay, you may need to remove the phone’s case to complete a purchase.
What should I do if Samsung Pay is not working with the POS terminal?
Samsung Pay should work at all terminals that accept Interac Flash. Depending on the location of the signal from the phone and the case that you are using, you may need to either remove your case or re-position your phone near the POS terminal. Because POS terminals may be slightly different, you may find that this experience varies from terminal to terminal. If you are having difficulties, ask your retailer if they accept Interac Debit on Samsung Pay.
How do I do a Refund?
Refunds are initiated by the Merchant at the POS terminal following the same process as a purchase within Samsung Pay. The key difference is that you may be asked to provide the cashier the last four digits of your Device Account Number or Digital Card Number instead of the last few digits of your physical MEMBER CARD debit card number.
- The digital card number is created from your MEMBER CARD debit card, and is used for all of the payments made through Samsung Pay. You can find this number on your phone by:
- Opening Samsung Pay
- Clicking on the image of your MEMBER CARD debit card
- This will bring up a window that shows your recent transactions, and card details, including “Digital card number”.
Successful refunds will be processed immediately to your account.
How do I remove a card from Samsung Pay?
- Open the Samsung Pay app.
- Touch Wallet, and then touch the Credit/ Debit tab.
- Select the card you want to remove, and then select More Options (the three dots at the top of the screen).
- Touch Delete Card and then choose a reason for removing the card.
- Touch DELETE and then authenticate using your PIN, fingerprint, or iris scan.
Managing Change – “What if I…”
…Upgrade the operating system on my device?
Samsung Pay should not be affected by updating the operating system.
…Change my SIM card?
Samsung Pay should not be affected when you change your SIM card.
…Lose my device?
If your device is lost or stolen, you can use Samsung’s Find My Mobile service to remotely lock or wipe your device. This will lock or wipe Samsung Pay as well as your registered cards. You can also contact your credit union immediately if you lose your mobile phone. We will de-activate your debit card within Samsung Pay.
…Delete my card and then want to reactivate it?
You can add any cards you previously deleted as normal.
…Sell or upgrade my device?
Before you sell or upgrade your device, you must delete your card from Samsung Pay. You may optionally contact SCU to ensure that your card has removed from Samsung Pay.
…Get a new debit card?
If you get a new debit card, remove the previous card from Samsung Pay and add the new card.